Tuesday, 02 December 2008

These 4 walls

I'm trapped inside my own four walls
I've built it brick by brick
I've built it day by day
I've built it year by year
The only problem with my four walls
I left my mind outside when I built them

I don't let anyone inside my four walls
There isn't any room
So no one knows what's inside my four walls
I know, my heart and lot's of drawers
The drawers are full to overflowing
My heart is breaking

I'm not alone inside my four walls
I live with doubt, fear and disappointment
Doubt never seems to want to go away
And fear is always lurking
I feel like I am a constant disappointment
I feel crowded inside my four walls

I thought I would be safe inside my four walls
But now the bricks are starting crumble
I can't put them back up quick enough
There are hands reaching inside my four walls
Groping around to see what's inside
I'm up against the wall, holding onto doubt, fear and disappointment

Will I ever be able to let anyone inside
It took so long to build my four walls
The bricks I used were chosen one by one
Bricks that were issued to me
Bricks that I chose to make
Put together with the cement of life

I don't think anyone understands the design
I guess it's an eye sore when you're on the outside
Inside some drawers are closed tight, some sealed tight
It seems so much easier to be inside my four walls
I'm afraid to go from the dark into the light
For if I do that my heart will have to meet my mind

Author Unknown

1 comment:

Wayne said...

It is difficult for a butterfly to emerge from it's cocoon. It has to steel itself and use every bit of strength it has to break free from its former self. It is a struggle which goes on for some time, but afterwards, it is free to fly!