Wednesday, 10 September 2008

Since you've been gone

Who would of thought this time a year ago, our family would be plunged into a event, so tragic that it would change all our lives forever. Gag has been gone a year today and I still miss him today more than ever.

More than ever, I wish that as a family we didn't have to walk this road but I've come to realise, that our lives are a story, being written by the great Author of Life, and therefore I have to trust Him, getting comfort from knowing that He is in control.

I've learnt so many things since Gag died. Family is invaluable. Love them, appreciate every moment with them, as you NEVER know what time you have together. Learn to appreciate the small things in life and don't sweat the small things in life. More than ever, I try and love all the men in my life for who they are and not who I want them to be. Life is too short for grumbling and feeling hard done by. It's time to count your blessings now.

Gag left a legacy. He was compassionate, generous, always accepted everyone for who they were and lived life to the full. He certainly made the most of each of his living days.

Mom, Dad, Wayne, Lee, Jordan & Joshua - I so wish I could ease your pain today, but let's celebrate Gag's life today, knowing that our lives are all the richer because we had the privilege of sharing his with him and through Jordan and Joshua his legacy will live on.

No comments: